Saturday, March 13, 2010

Our Temporary Home


"This is our temporary home
It's not where we belong
Windows and rooms that we're passing through
This is just a stop on the way to where we we're going"
-Carrie Underwood

Yesterday, our rental house was put back on the market. I am already getting anxiety thinking about having to move- AGAIN! We feel very lucky to have found the house that we are in and I can't believe we have already spent 7 months here.

Some things that I have liked about our rental house:
Plenty of room for our family

Each bathroom has a linen closet

Granite counter tops

A water softener and hot water quickly

Right next to the bus stop for Hallee

4 car garage

Some things that I have not liked about our rental house:
The floorplan/ layout- especially the basement

The return air is in the family room and when it comes on you can't hear anything

No counterspace in the laundry room

MICE (we killed 9 but haven't seen any for months now- it was disgusting)

I had a ton of cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaing to do

Small master bedroom

Right on the corner of a busy road

We have had many temporary homes. Growing up, I never moved. Now that I am married, I think we have moved 7 times (that is including our summer moves and a short term move to Montana). Plus, move number 8 is quickly approaching. AAHH! Yesterday we also found out the first house we built and sold in Nampa is in foreclosure. It was a rough real estate day.

2 comments:

Marc & Kelsey said...

When did you live in Montana? Was the first house you built the one in Kensington?

Zoey said...

I loved your first house. Yes, it is rough. I can't believe that you have been in your rental that long. I have to say that it has been nice having so much family close to us!