Wednesday, October 14, 2009

First Day for the First of our Kids off to School


This year Hallee started kindergarten. I think it was a little harder for her than a usual kindergartener because we had just moved and she hadn't made any friends yet. But she is doing great- even though every day is a struggle to get her to school. (Hallee tells me every morning when I wake her up and every night when we are getting things set out that she isn't going to school.) She is learning a lot at school and she has made 2 friends that she adores.
Jason took her to school the first day and said that there were a ton of moms crying in the hall. I am glad I didn't take her. I would have been one of those moms.

I was awarded the 'Worst Mom of the Day' award (I gave it to myself). At Hallee's school they have early release every other Monday. Well, the first time she had early release I arrived at her school at 11:50 and when I didn't see any other parents pulling in or kids coming out at 11:55 when her school lets out it dawned on me that it was an early release day! I sprinted inside and found Hallee sitting with her teacher coloring in the foyer. I was 35 minutes late. I almost cried but I just had to promise Hallee I would never forget again and all was forgiven.


My favorite story about Hallee so far this year was on the bus. Every day I put a little snack in Hallee's backpack (it makes her happier to go to school) and Hallee and I have compromised that she rides the bus 3 days and we take her and pick her up 2 days. The first time she rode the bus I asked her if she ate her snack (swedish fish) on the 30 minute drive home. She said, "No. They told us no food or drink on the bus." It was so cute!




3 comments:

Zoey said...

Beautiful! You would have cried? So far, I haven't been one of those moms!

Sondra said...

I hope she will like school soon. It makes me sad that everyday she doesn't want to go to school. She sure is growing up soooo fast.

roycecrew said...

Oh Robyn, I forgot to pick Kylie up on an early release day too! Now every Wednesday I get a lecture on how not to forget her:)WE miss you guys, but glad you guys are all together!